Okay so, if you knew me about two years ago, you would have heard me rant and rave about my desire to be a stay at home mom (SAHM).
Now that I have had a week to experience what that really means, I am laughing at that thought. Like seriously laughing out loud. I tip my glass to you moms that leave your fancy executive jobs and trade in the personalized parking spot and coffee breaks and lunch with coworkers for potty training and temper tantrums. Kudos to you! As for me, I think I will pass.
|Finger painting is one of the most excellent ways to keep a child occupied and distracted!
Its not that I don't want to be able to boast about the strives Adaya has taken, or have a flexible schedule through out the work day, it is because as a Stay At Home Mom, you get none of that! Here is why I have concluded that Stay At Home Mothering
just isn't for me:
- Not being able to go to the bathroom on my own, having her hug me while I am using the toilet ( like how am I to concentrate) and goodness help me if I even think of taking a shower while she is awake!
- Cleaning up after yet another meal, snack or even something as simple as water.
- Having to watch kid friendly television all day. Side Note: Have you heard the Pencil Case Song from the Bubble Guppies? FAVE!
- Pretending to sleep so that the kids can take a nap, then ending up falling asleep while they stay up and play.
- Not one single moment of the day can go to you!
|A trip to a mall with Dora, Boots and Sponge on the Walls is also an excellent choice!
Sigh, is that really enough not to want to stay home? Not sure, but for me, I think it is. So to all you stay-at-home moms, I say great work! You are doing just excellent! And for the teachers that deal with my kid and at least fifteen others at any given time, you are truly talented. I have developed new eyes for Teachers Appreciate Week and my gifts this school year will be a million times better!!
Glad to be back to work, Anni