Ok, here's the scenario....you are pregnant - maybe your first, maybe your fourth and you see a cutie bootie in a...cloth diaper. Now, here's the deal - at first you think it's just a diaper cover, there is no way a cloth diaper could be so cute! Where are the bunchy prefolds, plastic covers and diaper pins?? Velcro and snaps, mustache and chevron prints? Are you kidding me? Oh, I've got to get in on this! And you decide right then and there - I am going to cloth diaper this little one's bumm bumm! Now what??? Prior to your kiddo entering the world of cloth diapers, you will have grand ideas and then once you actually place that first cloth diaper on your kiddo....Well, here are
"The Top 10 Things You Will Really Do When You Decide To Cloth Diaper Your Little One's Bumm Bumm...."
10. Prior to actually purchasing the first diaper, You WILL pin everything possible relating to cloth diapering on Pinterest...
You will probably have a board specifically for this purpose. Once you put that first diaper on your little one's bumm, you will promptly forget about all those pins 'cuz now you have a baby and who's got time for Pinterest when you have a baby!?!?!
9. You WILL decide prematurely on a particular diaper system...whether it's velcro, snaps, AIO's, pockets or prefolds and then you will completely change your mind once you actually start cloth diapering because every kid is different and all cloth diapers are NOT created equally.
8. If you fancy yourself a little crafty, you WILL entertain the thought of making your own cloth diapers - how hard can they be?? And, then you will try one and you WILL NOT make your own cloth diapers....is this only me???
7. Your non-cloth diapering friends WILL think you're crazy....this will not change after you start cloth diapering. They will still think you're crazy but, they will definitely think the diapers are cute!
6. You WILL go gaga over all the ridiculously adorable prints and patterns that cloth diapers are today.
You WILL order them all and then sit in giddy anticipation as you wait to hear the squeal of the UPS truck's brakes as you wait for your "fluff mail" to arrive. You WILL actually say "fluff mail" and probably have to join FMA "Fluff Mail Anonymous" because purchasing cloth diapers is 100% an addiction.
5. You WILL Google like crazy and stress over how to prep and clean the diapers...just the thought of having to "strip" the diapers gives you heart palpitations...but you WILL press on.
You WILL actually ignore all of the other laundry piling up in the house just to do diaper laundry.
4. You WILL feel so many emotions when you finally place that first cloth diaper on your little one....excitement, glee, a sense of accomplishment and unmeasurable fear that your baby will poop.
3. You WILL (just barely) survive the first poop and then you WILL buy flushable diaper liners
2. You WILL entertain the thought of cloth baby wipes and then you WILL explore the option of flushable baby wipes...oh, just me again??
And the #1 Thing You Will Do When You Decide To Cloth Diaper Your Little One's Bumm Bumm...
1. You WILL have done something amazing for your kiddo and the earth and that's pretty stinkin' cool :)
Happy Cloth Diapering!!!