We have all watched the news and held our breath when we've heard about a coach bus crash. They seem to happen more and more, especially at night and during bad weather.
If you're like us, your kids may travel by coach bus on long distance sports weekends or your church or civic organization travels often via motor coach. When was the last time you felt really safe riding? Most do not have seat belts and that is problematic for everyone's safety.
Now a company, SafeHarness.com, has created a harness to keep passengers safe during tour bus rides. They need your help to save thousands of lives every year. Hop over to their Indiegogo page and donate to their cause.
- First and only personal, portable seatbelt for motor coach travel
- The seatbelt also fits Amtrak seats
- New regulations have been envisioned requiring all new motor coach buses to be outfitted with seatbelts in the future, however, these regulations will not be fully implemented until 2017 at the earliest. Note, these are merely regulations and not laws. In addition, these regulations do not include the addition of seatbelts on older models of coach buses. These older buses, estimated to be on the road, in some instances for as many as 10 to 15 years, don’t have an option for basic seatbelt safety.
- We want these individuals to have the opportunity to BYOB! Bring Your Own Belt—it’s portable & comes with its own travel case.
- To ensure the highest level of safety, SafeHarness meets Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS-209). Additional sled tests that follow the guidelines of FMVSS-208 were also conducted, these tests further warrant the level of safety we aspire to provide all of our consumers.
- Materials: Single piece of 7-panel, high quality seatbelt webbing (120” x 1.875” wide), buckle & tongue assembly, double loop slider, locking plate & seatbelt guide.
- Packaging: Each belt is packed in a nylon travel case with handle (approx. 8” x 6” x 3”)
- Weight: 1 pound, 11 ounces
- Sizes: Universal for all users up to 50” waist.