Hope everyone had a good weekend! I did, the weather was beautiful. I was able to get out for a long run on Saturday, boys had baseball in the afternoon and we had fun with friends at a not-so Cinco De Mayo party. I watched my niece in her second gymnastics meet and she did awesome! Last, I went to see Ironman 3 with my boys and we all loved it!
The highlight of the weekend was that myJayBird Sport Bluetooth Bluebud X earbuds came that I won in their daily giveaway. They also sent a nice note along with them and a water bottle and a couple bracelets. The earbuds are very cool!!
Something fun I am doing tomorrow is hosting a twitter chat. Which is essentially a giant chat room and every 10-15 minutes I will post questions. I am doing it via #fitblog chats.
#Fitblog, Tuesday 9 p.m. ET:
Q1) What's your favorite workout?
Q2) What's your favorite way to switch up your workouts?
Q3) What's the best new workout you've tried?
Q4) What's your least favorite workout you've tried?
A reminder -- everyone is welcome to join our chat. It begins at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday night, and you can sign in through Tweetchat.com.
Last week myweekly goals were
- Continue to work on being active in social media-I did my best on this one. Here is what I have decided some days I will be more active then others and that’s okay with me. If I am subbing or the boys have activities or life happens, that is more important then making sure I checked in on Twitter or Facebook.
- Burn at least 400 calories a day with exercise-this one I completely accomplished. My running days were of course higher but my strength days I have added walking on the treadmill on a high incline and that is helping my calories burned.
- Continue to research clean eating recipes-I did this and tried some new recipes for dinner last week and I have a few on deck for this week. (as you will see below this was an April goal as well, it is a work in progress)
This weeks goals:
- Paint my interior doors black. I have been wanting to do this for 6 months so I am just going to get it done.
- Take the dog for a long walk every day. The poor dog didn’t get much exercise this winter because well it was cold, very cold. So I am doing my best now that the weather is nicer to get him on the trail for a nice long walk and he loves it.
April Goals (Re-Energized)
Goal 1: Focus on getting back on track with clean eating, no more falling off the wagon.
- I did pretty well with this goal. I am continuing to try new recipes, especially for breakfast.
- My lunch routine is a Vega One shake with coconut water, blueberries and granola.
- I am working on dinner but I have to work around my boys. They are open to try new things but slowly. I have swapped out alot of our normal ingredients with clean ingredients in our favorite recipes and I have tried some new ones. Some have been successes, some failures.
- I started ordering Organic Produce from Door to Door Organics which has been great.
- I have been learning more about what to look for in my food, especially when eating out.
Goal 2: Work in one speed training run a week
- I have definitely accomplished this goal. Thursday is my speed training day and I do 20-30 minutes of speed training depending on my schedule. I can tell a difference in my regular runs.
- Run a minimum of 18 miles a week. I will attempt this by running 6-8 miles on Tuesday’s, 3-5 miles on Thursday’s and 9-13 miles on Saturday’s.
- Set smaller weekly goals- I started doing this a few weeks ago and it has helped me to organize and focus myself for my week and to reach my monthly goals.
Do you have any goals for May? for this week?