Let's face it.
You probably will not become a millionaire by blogging.
But, it wouldn't be too bad to pay for a domain name by doing it.
Here are 5 things to keep in mind about advertising on your blog.
1. If your primary intent in blogging is to advertise and make money, don't do it.
Your primary intent for blogging should be to write. When bloggers get focused on the money aspect it is obvious to the readers. Nothing can cheapen your site more or turn people off.
2. While Google adsense may seem tempting, you probably will not make more than a few bucks a week. To actually get paid, you need to make $100. That could take a bit of time.
3. Test your advertising abilities with Entrecard. It's free and it sends you traffic.
4. Many bloggers start out by building confidence with their readers before they take on advertising.
Then they will subtly add an ad here and there. Be careful not to spring too much advertising on too quick as it may push readers away.
5. Consider alternative methods of advertising such as trading banners and buttons with other bloggers or product reviews.
Remember, you probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than you do making millions by blogging. Keep your blogging real and respect the intelligence of your visitors.