If you have been reading along you have probably read that I have been doing the Engine 2 Diet with Hubby. The first 28 days you are basically vegan. Well not basically - you ARE
vegan. While the first two days went off without a hitch, day 3-5 hit me like a ton of bricks. I, like many others, am a stress eater. I am also a lover
of cheese. So when I can't have my staple of Wheat Thins and cheese, I tend to get a bit cranky. Don't even get me started about how cranky Hubby has been without his candy and potato chips! Did I mention we can't have processed sugar either? Yeah, we can't. grumble grumble
The great thing about starting a new eating habit in the summer is the abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables available at the store. The bad thing about starting a new eating habit in the summer is all the weddings, graduation parties and picnics we have to attend. SO. Many. Temptations. Like my friend who had a Mexican themed graduation party with quesidillas, tacos, nachos and more. It killed me. So instead of partaking in my favorite food of all time, I heaped my plate with fruits and veggies. And smiled. Ok, I really didn't smile but I tried. I tried really hard to smile while my son noshed away on cheesy quesidillas and stuffed chocolate frosted brownies in his mouth. The smile was huge let me tell you. HUGE!
Luckily I can still eat pasta. And bread. And I can still drink. Another good note - I have also reintroduced my self to a long lost favorite of mine - hummus. Seriously - hummus is nature's equivalent of crack and I am the addict. Oh, and if the hummus has garlic in it... watch out! I may even lick the container. nom nom nom *ahem*
So now I begin week two of my vegan adventure. My friend insists everything will change after this week. My finger are crossed that it does!
Well, it's another rousing edition of Thursday Ten
. I am Kat and I will be your host today. So sit back, buckle your seat belts and enjoy the ride. Oh, and please keep all hands and feet within the moving vehicle at all
1. Well, I am on day four of my Engine 2 Diet
. I have to say I am doing quite well. Hubby on the other hand... well that's
a different animal. He is down four pounds but is fiending
potato chips and candy. Can you feel my joy??
2. Due to the rain that has been plaguing the Midwest, I spent the other day in the basement unpacking boxes from our move a year ago. I made a lot of progress and have a TON of stuff ready for our garage sale.
3. Lacrosse season is coming to a close. We have a huge tournament this weekend and then it's all good till football season.
5. Why yes, I am recreationally reading instead of doing my graduate class work. Thank you for reminding me! *ahem*
6. I also have to admit that I am still reveling in the Blackhawks Stanley Cup win last night. If you didn't watch the game - MAN did you miss out! We are even planning on braving the crowds to go to the parade downtown tomorrow. Sound be nothing but chaotic fun!
7. I will also admit that I went to the gym today with Batman. Sorry Hubby! While unpacking I stumbled across the Halloween costumes and Monkey boy has been Batman ever since.
8. D-man and I finally picked out the paint colors for his room. Now I just have to find the time to paint it. ....sigh
9. Learned the hard with this week that sometimes blessings come in disguise and the disguise is UGLY. But, it is a blessing none-the-less.
10. I have also been scouring for some new summer music. Any suggestions? What is playing on your iPod right now?
Want to catch you up with the chaos that is life? Head on over to This Mom's Wired
and check out the original Thursday Ten