Taking that last step to quit your job and begin working from home can be very scary. As with any unknown territory in life, you probably have many questions about whether working from home will be right for you. Talking to others can help but each person's personality reacts differently to working from home, making it an excellent choice for some and maybe not such a good choice for others. Check out these five reasons you should consider making that final step to working from home and five reasons you should maybe reconsider that decision.
Reasons you SHOULD-
- You have children that are school age and will have free time to yourself to work during the day without interruption but will also have a flexible schedule to be available to them when they are home as well as for school activities when needed.
- You have younger children that you want to stay home with but plan on working only during naps and after bedtime and have a work from home job lined up that will allow this flexibility.
- Your personality can survive without the adult interaction gained from working an office all day, in fact you think you will thrive working on your own.
- You are a disciplined hard worker that does not need constant supervision and works well independently.
- Your husband, kids, friends, and support network are on board with you working from home and understand the boundaries that need to be in place to make it successful.
Reasons you should NOT
- You should NOT work from home if you think that your kids are at an age where they will need you constantly, do not nap much, and you have no free help during the day in order to get work done. Taking on a work from home job, especially one that requires phone work with a quiet background, is a mistake if your kids are at an age where this is just not feasible.
- You should NOT work from home if you have no self discipline. There are a lot of distractions around the house including television, household chores, and talking on the phone that can take over your time if you are not careful.
- You should NOT work from home if you crave the social interaction of the daily office. You will find yourself seeking it other ways whether on the phone with friends or chatting online or you will just be miserable being on your own at home.
- You should NOT work from home if you have trouble managing your time or separating work from home. Achieving a well-balanced work/home life is vital to being successful.
- You should NOT work from home if you think your children and spouse will not understand the boundaries needed or respect them enough to accomplish your goals.
Here is this week's best work-at-home customer service and virtual call center job leads.
customer care representatives Hilton
Customer Care Coordinators
Customer care representativesVIP Desk
Virtual Call Center Agents Uhaul
E-customer service agentsUhaul
E-roadside assistance agentsDirect Interactions
Call Center RepresentativesH2Insight
Customer Service AgentsWorking Solutions
Customer Service AgentsUber
Community Support RepresentativesWest at Home
customer service agents ADP
community administratorCapital One
full-time customer service agentsHenry Schein
customer service agents
virtual customer service agent jobsAppSumo.com
customer service Manpower
Help Desk Support
Customer Service Representative at Intuitive SolutionsXerox
Work from Home Call Center DirectorAmerican Express
Corporate Travel CounselorAmerican Express
Customer Care Professionals Sykes
Work at Home Customer Service RepresentativesAsurion
Customer Care AssociatesAsurion
Bilingual Customer Care Representatives Teleflora
Seasonal Customer Service RepresentativesRetail Data
Bilingual Part-Time Work at Home Sales Representatives with HSNSitel
Customer Service RepsAspire
Home Based ConciergeConvergys
Work at Home AgentsLiveOps
Virtual Call Center Agents