It is really that hard to get people to follow your blog?

I go on people's blog and see them have all these followers on their blog, and me, I  know I started a month ago but I only have 12 followers...Wonder if I am doing something wrong??

http://sushiandicecream1.blogspot.com/

Feel free to visit!!! thanks...

Views: 716

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it takes time. I started in March and have found that the more you visit other people's blogs and leave fully engaged comments, the more followers come your way. By "fully engaged" comments, I mean a comment that says you actually took time to read their post and found something that you were able to connect with. I notice a lot of people strictly just want followers but not engaged followers. I want engaged followers because that builds loyalty and credibility. Simply typing "found you on such and such, please follow me back" screams that they just want a number without substance.

I've noticed it takes a while to get the followers but getting traffic is easy. I only have 16 followers and my blog has been up and running since Jan 2013 but I've had over 3,000 page views. It all depends on who is coming to visit.

A great way to get followers is to participate in a free blogger event. Sometimes you will have to have a certain amount of followers in order to participate though. Or, you could always pay a few bucks to get a gfc link in the event. 

Good thing you have 12 .I started blogging last month but i only have 2 followers LOLz...Don't fret dear.Your follower will grow eventually.Be patient and keep blogging.=)

It really does take time and establishing your blog.

I just recently started a blog and have been getting some traffic by commenting on other people's blog! It's recommend that. 

Like me on facebook here: www.facebook.com/ordinaryhomemaker

Or visit my blog here: www.ordinaryhomemaker.com 

You’ll find easy recipes, organizing ideas, financial tips, and more! Whether you work full-time, or are a stay-at-home wife, my goal is to provide helpful and practical ideas to improve your home! Thanks! :)

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service