I've Twittered and blogged about it, now I'm sharing this information with my fellow mom bloggers. I've been hacked by a serious and committed cyber tererorist. If you've not done so, I hope you'll read this post, Cyber Terror, and learn from my experience. Then share it with the bloggers in your circle.

Tags: blogging, hackers, issues, risks, safety, security, threats

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very scary!!
This is very horrifying experience and I'm glad you restored your websites. I hope they catch Bumpus.
Thank you for sharing this information... in this case we can be more cautious in our cyber activities.
Always take care.

Thank you, Laura and Emily. I never felt vulnerable because I assumed hackers would be interested in stealing money. This is different. Perhaps we all have an Achilles heel...
What a horrifying experience. I am so sorry that you had to go through that.
Thank you, Catherine. In the end, learned a lot and spread the word about online threats. Perhaps it's been a good thing??
Thank you for sharing! What a horrible feeling to know that all of your information and privacy was obtained within thirty days.

I guess we all need to be more aware of the Bumpas characters in the cyber world.
We do need to be aware, Michelle. I never thought I was at risk. Most of us don't, especially if our online work is charitable or service oriented. Thanks for reading and commenting.
Oh my gosh, that was ridiculously scary! How in the world are we supposed to protect ourselves from determined hackers like that?!

I am soooo sorry that this has happened to you Kate! I can't imagine what you have gone through because of it! Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Hopefully, we'll all learn from it and protect ourselves!
Kate,

This is VERY disturbing. Is there anything specific that we should be doing to protect ourselves from this type of terrorism?

Seriously, this makes me want to take my blog down and return to relative anomimity.
Jennifer and Molly,

It's important to remember that my attacker waged a personal vendetta and dedicated a great deal of time to his crimes. This is, in fact, quite unique. Most hackers wreak random maliciousness or steal personal/financial information. You can thwart these efforts by maintaining updated anti-virus and security software, running it regularly, and by creating secure passwords to protect everything.

To create a password nearly impossible to discover through randomized techniques or software, follow these guidelines:
4 or more letters, at least one capitalized
A symbol
3 or more numbers

Kate

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/23/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…