Share your favorite organizing tips to help other moms. My tip: Always put your keys in the same place when you enter your home. If you're like me, you don't have or want to spend time searching for them. BTW, Best if they're out of reach of little ones who may grab them and leave them who knows where!

Tags: favorite, helpful, hints, keys, lost, organization, organize, tips

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Use spiral 3 ring notebooks to organize papers rather than files. If you drop them the papers won't fly out everywhere.
Do you mean 3-ring notebooks so you can hole punch papers before inserting them? Great idea!

Alyssa said:
Use spiral 3 ring notebooks to organize papers rather than files. If you drop them the papers won't fly out everywhere.
I agree with the keys, because I am always searching for mine. My organizing tip would be put the clothes away as soon as they come out of the dryer. I have a bad habit of waiting till the clothese pile up on me.
A seperate cubby for each of the kids! Mine are in the mudroom which is how where we enter the house through the garage. Shoes, backpacks, everything go in there. It's perfect for us.
Great idea on the laundry! To avoid wrinkling and subsequent ironing, it's also a good plan to take the load out as soon as it's finished! When my mom comes to visit (which is only a few times a year), she does my laundry and folds everything as soon as the dryer stops. I LOVE that!

Allison said:
I agree with the keys, because I am always searching for mine. My organizing tip would be put the clothes away as soon as they come out of the dryer. I have a bad habit of waiting till the clothese pile up on me.
What a better way to make sure everyone's individual stuff is corralled!

Michelle said:
A seperate cubby for each of the kids! Mine are in the mudroom which is how where we enter the house through the garage. Shoes, backpacks, everything go in there. It's perfect for us.
Yes that is exactly what I mean I have them for home papers, business papers, kid's school stuff, etc...
Stacey Crew said:
Do you mean 3-ring notebooks so you can hole punch papers before inserting them? Great idea!

Alyssa said:
I got a file folder organizer with 13 slots, then label each slot with the months. I use it to file bills. If I pay a bill in February, it goes in that slot. I go through the whole year, then when I get to February again, I take out the old bills and shred them, and start fresh with the current bills. Then get rid of March and replace with current bills, and so on. That way I keep all my bills for a year, but they don't just keep piling up in a drawer. The 13th slot is where I put tax-deductible stuff and tax documents as they arrive.

(here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/Smead-Frequency-Embossed-Expanding-13-Pocket/...)
Start files (or binders - thanks Alyssa!) for each child as soon as your baby is born. Store birth certificates, social security cards, certificates, etc. in one place for each kid!
Great organizing suggestions, moms! I've discovered great bags for Moms (and Dads!) on the go at www.oyikes.com. I've been using the square bag and I LOVE it. I use the Bottle Holder for pencils, scissors and post-its and the Accessory case for my IPOD. The bag holds file folders and has numerous pockets. The bag is great for the fall--it has a wool exterior!

Keep the faves coming...can't wait to hear more!
Attachments:
The binders are such a great idea. Thanks so much
I could not STAND our downstairs hall closet because of the mass of shoes that would accumulate in that spot. I finally bought a bubble crate for each of my daughters. Now, they take off their shoes and throw them in their respective bubble crates, instead of having them thrown all over the floor of the closet.

It's a little thing but I am constantly amazed at how much it it reduces my "clutter" stress.

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service